The panel member is required to guide and support the panel from a legal perspective.
Every panel member has a strategic role to play in representing the vision and purpose of the Marshes Community Benefit Fund (‘the Fund’). All members are responsible for ensuring that the Fund Panel functions properly, that there is full participation at meetings, all relevant matters are discussed and that effective decisions are made and carried out.
- Updating the MCBF application form to ensure compliance with current legislation.
- Providing contracts and covering letters to successful applicants
- Working with the Chair to ensure that Panel minutes are recorded and they are an accurate record of meetings
- Reviewing project applications and ensuring that responses are provided within agreed deadlines.
- Helping to succession plan for recruitment and renewal of Panel members.
- Acting as a spokesperson and figurehead as appropriate.
- To effectively communicate the vision and purpose of the organisation.
- Deal with enquiries and disputes.
- Liaise with the key stakeholders, funders, bank, accountants as required
- Ensure appropriate controls and codes of conduct are in place and observed
Qualities and skill set:
- Professional Legal Qualification
- Management experience
- Good communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Time keeping, working to deadlines and project management.
- Fairness and diplomacy.
- Familiarity with and a good understanding of the area of benefit.
- Public relations awareness
- Ability to work well as part of a team
Marshes Community Benefit Fund (MCBF) Panel: Nominee Form
"*" indicates required fields