A variety of community-based projects have been awarded just over £44,000 in the latest, the fifth, round of awards since the Marshes Community Benefit Fund was established in 2016
The Marshes Community Benefit Fund (MCBF) Panel reveals the projects which have been awarded funding from the annual £120,000 community payments made by Frodsham Windfarm Limited.
The independent Panel agreed to award £44,083 to five projects which, in the views of the Panel majority, best met the requirements and objectives of the Community Benefit Fund.
The successful applicants are:-
- Elton Parish Council £1,694 for their Jubilee Field Project
- Rural Community Services £19,360 to provide OPAL Services in Helsby & Frodsham.
- Frodsham & District Photographic Society £2,266 for replacement of projector
- Frodsham community Red Lion Bowling Club £3,723 for replacement of bowling green mower
- Frodsham Community Association £17,040 for replacement disable toilet facilities at the Community Centre
Dianne Walker (Panel Chair) explained that Panel members considered the successful projects as clearly defined with a demonstrated need, were well thought out and are of significant benefit to the residents in the areas surrounding the Frodsham Wind Farm.
As always, the Panel members will be monitoring the projects as they develop to ensure they meet the objectives and conditions set out in the signed award agreements.
Projects that were not awarded funding in this round have also been notified. Eligible schemes that were unsuccessful in this round may reapply for future rounds.
Dianne Walker also commented that past projects have been completed on time and tangible benefits have already been felt in the respective communities – photographs and reports on their progress will continue to be available to view on this website, Twitter and Facebook accounts.