The Panel is seeking a candidate for the role of MCBF Chair
After 6 years of service, having overseen the formation of the Fund, its Panel, and the distribution of around £500,000 of funds to local projects, our Chair, Dianne Walker, has decided to step down. We now welcome applications for this important role. Applications can be submitted up until 5 November 2021. Please see the attached role description.
Frodsham Wind Farm (FWF) consists of 19 wind turbines, generating a peak power output of 50.35MW. A Community Benefit Fund of £120,000 per year was created in 2016. The purpose of the MCBF is to allow the local community to deliver a range of projects to tackle identified priorities, with a focus on community benefit within the FWF defined area.
Marshes Community Benefit Fund – Chair Vacancy
Start Date: 1 December 2021
Time Commitment: Maximum 12 days per annum Remuneration: Pro-bono
The Chairperson has a strategic role to play in representing the vision and purpose of the Marshes Community Benefit Fund (‘the Fund’). The Chairperson ensures the Fund Panel functions properly, that there is full participation at meetings, all relevant matters are discussed and that effective decisions are made and carried out.
- Leading the Panel and the Fund to enable it to fulfil its purpose.
- Chairing meetings and ensuring that they run in accordance with the Fund Agreement.
- Setting agendas and circulating within the Panel.
- Ensuring that Panel minutes are recorded and they are an accurate record of meetings
- Reviewing project applications, and ensuring that responses are provided within agreed deadlines.
- Helping to succession plan for recruitment and renewal of Panel members.
- Co-ordinating the Panel to ensure responsibilities for particular aspects of management (e.g. advertising, financial control etc) are met and specialist expertise is employed as required.
Acting as a spokesperson and figurehead as appropriate.
- To effectively communicate the vision and purpose of the organisation.
- Deal with enquiries and disputes.
- Liaise with the key stakeholders, funders, bank, accountants.
- Ensure appropriate controls and codes of conduct are in place and observed.
Qualities and skill set:
- Good leadership skills.
- Management experience.
- Good communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Time keeping, working to deadlines and project management.
- Fairness and diplomacy.
- Independent and unbiased.
- Familiarity with and a good understanding of the area of benefit.
- Confidence in delegating tasks.
- Public relations awareness.
- Strong, clean personal and professional reputation.
Fund Compliance Requirements:
- Resident in the MCBF area.
- Independent of public authorities and other funds.
- No history of exclusion from company directorship or from holding public office.
If you’d like to be considered for the role and can fulfil the candidate requirements then please complete the form below explaining your suitability for the role:
Nominee ApplicationMarshes Community Benefit Fund (MCBF) Panel: Nominee Form
"*" indicates required fields
Please note that should you apply, your personal information will be shared with each of the Panel members and Frodsham Windfarm Ltd & Belltown Power Ltd management.
A decision on the successful candidate is expected to be made no later than 30/11/21.